Who are we?
What data de we collect?
These data include:
- identification and contact details
- personal characteristics (such as date of birth and gender)
- education and work experience
- job preferences
- areas of interest
- audio clips
- financial data (such as current and desired salary)
- all the information from your CV
- all visible data in your LinkedIn profile and other social media or public websites
How do we use your data?
Your data will be used as part of the application and recruitment process, including for:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests within the context of our career opportunities;
- checking your details, checking references and/or carrying out background checks (where applicable and within the limits of applicable law);
- If you consent, sending you promotional messages about Skyline; and
- communicating regarding the recruitment process and your candidacy.
The processing of your personal data for these purposes is necessary for the possible conclusion of a contract between yourself and Skyline Communications.
Applications we receive on paper (e.g., via letter mail) are kept in their original form by People & Organization. Applications we receive via email or via the electronic form on our website will be stored electronically on our servers by People & Organization.
Who has access to your personal data?
Your information may be shared with all Skyline entities. Within these entities, the following staff members have access to your data on a need-to-know basis only:
- People & Organization staff members
- Management Team members
In certain cases, technical staff may have access to your data, but only to the extent necessary to ensure the proper functioning of our technical systems.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Data from unsuccessful applications will be retained for a maximum duration of 1 month. If you consent, we will include your data in our recruitment database for the purpose of future career opportunities. Your data will in that case be retained for a maximum duration of 3 years.
In the event of your commencement of employment, your data will be included in your personnel file.
Data subjecct rights
Subject to requirements as set out below, and in some case dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have the following rights:
- To request that we provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold and you have the right to be informed of: (a) the source of your personal data; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal data may be transferred;
- To request that we cease processing your personal data, in whole or in part, as you direct us, for any purpose, save to the extent it is lawful to do so without consent;
- To obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This right only applies to information you have provided to us;
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal data where: (a) the accuracy of the personal data is contested; (b) the processing is lawful but you object to the processing of the personal data; (c) we no longer require the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected; but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- To request that we erase your personal data in limited circumstances where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose(s) for which it was collected or processed;
- To challenge processing which we have justified based on legitimate interest;
- To request that we not transfer your personal data to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes;
- To request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes;
- To request that we correct any errors in your personal data;
- To request that we update your personal data as required. Note that you may also correct, update or remove certain parts of such personal data by yourself, or completely deactivate your account, through your account settings;
- To obtain a copy of the safeguards under which your personal data is transferred outside the EU; and
- To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
We secure our computer systems against unauthorized access. Only authorized persons have access to your data, based on a personal login and password and only via a secure internet or intranet connection. Consultation of personal data by authorized persons is only permitted insofar as relevant in the context of their specific task.
In addition, we have implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect your data against unauthorized or accidental deletion, modification or disclosure and against abuse, damage and theft.
If you wish to consult, edit or delete your personal data you can contact email@example.com. For questions or remarks or any complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.